At Summit Strategies Group, our employees drive our success and that of our clients. With that idea in mind, we are always
looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals, who place client satisfaction at
the forefront, can thrive both individually and as part of a team, and want to
reach their fullest potential in a fast-paced environment.
Located in the St. Louis suburb of Clayton, Missouri, Summit offers a fantastic
culture, highly competitive salary and benefits package; a 401(k) plan with
employer match; paid vacation/personal time; onsite workout facility;
and much more.
Our current job openings are listed below.
If you are interested in a position, please email your resume and cover
letter. All resumes will be reviewed
and should you fit our needs, we will contact you. Please no phone calls or recruiters.
Senior Defined Contribution Consultant
Senior Research Analyst-Fixed Income
The Senior Defined Contribution Consultant serves as the primary point of contact between the client and Summit’s Defined Contribution services group.
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience, 401(k), and life, health, and dental insurance. Resumes are accepted only via email at email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiters. Please reference Senior Defined Contribution Consultant in subject line.
Provide outstanding client service.
- Assist clients with designing, implementing and monitoring customized investment option menus.
- Update clients on best practices with regard to plan design provisions, governance, new legislation, and plan fees.
- Conduct quarterly plan updates in person, or via teleconference.
- Conduct searches for new investment options, recordkeepers and other plan service providers based on established firm methodology.
- Secure new clients by completing RFPs and pursuing prospects.
Deliverable based environment.
- Personally create and coordinate the production of client deliverables.
- Collaborate with other departments (Manager Research, Performance Measurement, and Defined Benefit Consulting) to produce research and respond to client requests.
- Author white papers and other forms of proprietary research on a range of plan related topics.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of Summit and its defined contribution services.
- Travel – Position will require between 25% and 50% travel.
- General – Candidate should possess analytical competence and the ability to think critically. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills are essential to success. Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work productively both independently or as part of a team. High ethical standards are a must.
- Education – Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. A background in finance, accounting, or business is preferred. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Professional Certifications: The CFA, CEBS or CFP designations are preferred. Please note that Summit is not affiliated with a brokerage, so Series licenses (63, 7) do not apply.
- Experience – Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of experience with investment consulting, investment management, or related field – preferably working with institutional clients.
- Technical Skills: A working knowledge of the MS Office suite of products is required. A working knowledge of Morningstar, Bloomberg, and/or eVestment Alliance is preferable.
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Resumes are accepted only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters. Please reference Senior Accountant position in subject line.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Assists in maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Willingness to learn new duties in Human Resources, regulatory compliance matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 years of Relevant Experience
- Research Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality & Thoroughness
- Knowledge of financial software and command of Excel, Word and Outlook is a must.
Consulting Associates undertake a variety of responsibilities while working directly with our senior consultants, internal teams, and clients in the preparation of client reports, projects, and investment research. An ideal candidate will be able to efficiently manage internal resources to allow for effective handling of many projects for multiple consultants and clients simultaneously. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Resumes are accepted only via email at email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiters. Please reference Consulting Associate position in subject line.
- Provide outstanding client service.
- Field and follow up on requests either directly from clients or from senior consultants on portfolio- and/or investment-manager-level related issues.
- Act as liaison between client, investment manager, and internal teams on portfolio related matters (i.e., investment policy, guidelines, fees).
- Proactively reach out to clients to ensure satisfaction with projects and services or address potential questions.
- Manage the client meeting material process.
- Develop presentation materials. Candidate will conduct a thoughtful analysis of relevant client issues and then create a concise presentation to educate or inform the client and aid in the decision-making process.
- Work with internal groups to design, create, and complete materials. Ensure work product received is free of errors and consistent with the goals and objectives of the assignment.
- Act in support role in production and review of quarterly/monthly client performance reports.
- Maintain client meeting notes and ensure todo lists are disseminated among internal teams and completed on time.
- Assist consultants with business development efforts. This may include identifying prospects to pursue, assisting with the RFP process, or working on marketing materials.
- Candidate should possess analytical competence and the ability to think critically. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills are essential to success. Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work productively both independently or as part of a team. High ethical standards are a must.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. A background in finance, accounting, or business is preferred.
- The CFA or CAIA designations are preferred.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience with investment consulting, investment management, or related field – preferably working with institutional clients.
- A working knowledge of the MS Office suite of products is required. A working knowledge of Bloomberg, and/or eVestment Alliance is preferable.
Candidates for this position will be expected to identify, interview, and perform detailed due diligence on institutional quality fixed income managers. Summit’s manager review process requires a subjective qualitative assessment of each manager as well as a quantitative review of the manager’s track record relative to indices and peers. This candidate is responsible for new idea generation, maintenance of existing approved managers, as well as consulting/client support. Additionally, the candidate must possess good communication skills in order to make internal presentations to an Investment Committee and externally with our clients. Resumes are accepted only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters, please. Please reference Senior Research Analyst-Fixed Income position. In addition to submitting a resume, candidates should also submit a writing sample. The writing sample should detail the case for a compelling investment opportunity in the current market environment.
- Develop and maintain a list of approved fixed income managers/products as assigned.
- Update the approved lists quarterly.
- Assess qualitative and quantitative characteristics of new products for possible inclusion on approved lists.
- Produce client presentations for manager recommendations in respective asset classes.
- Maintain asset class educational materials.
- Provide perspective on market developments within area of responsibility.
- Maintain ongoing due diligence of investment management firms currently utilized by Summit’s client base.
- Complete non-routine research requests from Summit’s clients.
- Direct prior experience desired: Investment Consulting, Investment Management, or similar Investment-related field.
- Four-year degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, or other analytical disciplines.
- Fundamental background in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in conjunction with a strong curiosity and work ethic.
- Strong writing and analytical skills are required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, a team player, possess good communication and time management skills, and be capable of working independently in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- CFA designation or MBA preferred.