At Summit Strategies Group, our employees drive our success and that of our clients. With that idea in mind, we are always
looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals, who place client satisfaction at
the forefront, can thrive both individually and as part of a team, and want to
reach their fullest potential in a fast-paced environment.
Located in the St. Louis suburb of Clayton, Missouri, Summit offers a fantastic
culture, highly competitive salary and benefits package; a 401(k) plan with
employer match; paid vacation/personal time; onsite workout facility;
and much more.
Our current job openings are listed below.
If you are interested in a position, please email your resume and cover
letter. All resumes will be reviewed
and should you fit our needs, we will contact you. Please no phone calls or recruiters.
Consulting Associates undertake a variety of responsibilities while working directly with our senior consultants, internal teams, and clients in the preparation of client reports, projects, and investment research. An ideal candidate will be able to efficiently manage internal resources to allow for effective handling of many projects for multiple consultants and clients simultaneously. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Resumes are accepted only via email at email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiters. Please reference Consulting Associate position in subject line.
- Provide outstanding client service.
- Field and follow up on requests either directly from clients or from senior consultants on portfolio- and/or investment-manager-level related issues.
- Act as liaison between client, investment manager, and internal teams on portfolio related matters (i.e., investment policy, guidelines, fees).
- Proactively reach out to clients to ensure satisfaction with projects and services or address potential questions.
- Manage the client meeting material process.
- Develop presentation materials. Candidate will conduct a thoughtful analysis of relevant client issues and then create a concise presentation to educate or inform the client and aid in the decision-making process.
- Work with internal groups to design, create, and complete materials. Ensure work product received is free of errors and consistent with the goals and objectives of the assignment.
- Act in support role in production and review of quarterly/monthly client performance reports.
- Maintain client meeting notes and ensure todo lists are disseminated among internal teams and completed on time.
- Assist consultants with business development efforts. This may include identifying prospects to pursue, assisting with the RFP process, or working on marketing materials.
- Candidate should possess analytical competence and the ability to think critically. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills are essential to success. Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work productively both independently or as part of a team. High ethical standards are a must.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. A background in finance, accounting, or business is preferred.
- The CFA or CAIA designations are preferred.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience with investment consulting, investment management, or related field – preferably working with institutional clients.
- A working knowledge of the MS Office suite of products is required. A working knowledge of Bloomberg, and/or eVestment Alliance is preferable.
Summit Strategies Group is looking to hire a Chief Compliance Officer with 5-10+ years of experience in the investment management industry. As an SEC Registered Investment Advisor, Summit is subject to the provisions of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and numerous other regulations and securities laws. The CCO will oversee all aspects of the firm’s compliance with these laws in addition to serving as legal expert on other business matters. Resumes are accepted only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters, please. Please reference Chief Compliance Officer position in subject line.
- Manage and administer all policies and procedures associated with Summit’s regulatory compliance program.
- Prepare and submit all required regulatory filings and disclosure documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor and test the firm’s policies and procedures to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of Summit’s compliance program. Report results to the Board of Directors and work with business units to implement improvements as required.
- Train advisory personnel on regulatory compliance matters to enhance understanding and awareness throughout the organization.
- Maintain systematic records of Summit’s compliance program in preparation for outside audit and/or regulatory examination.
- Interface with regulators, examiners and outside legal counsel.
- Maintain ongoing expertise in Federal and State regulatory policies. Adjust Summit’s legal practices and compliance program as required and communicate pertinent industry matters to the Board of Directors.
- Review and negotiate legal contracts with clients and service providers.
- Oversee all legal and regulatory aspects of Private Fund (Summit Solutions) management and operations.
- Manage litigation matters as they may occur, reporting to the Board of Directors accordingly and coordinating with outside counsel as needed.
- Manage corporate business permits, licensing requirements, office leases and corporate registration.
- Provide direction, education and support to the firm with respect to all legal, fiduciary and regulatory compliance activities.
- Ensure Summit conducts its business in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- 5-10+ years of regulatory compliance experience in the investment management industry required.
- J.D. strongly preferred, along with Bachelor’s Degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Investment Adviser Act 1940, ERISA, Dodd-Frank and other relevant regulations and laws that pertain to institutional investors.
- Experience dealing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, confident and assertive, able to garner the respect of others and influence change.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to interact with all levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Candidates for this position will be expected to identify, interview, and perform detailed due diligence on institutional quality fixed income managers. Summit’s manager review process requires a subjective qualitative assessment of each manager as well as a quantitative review of the manager’s track record relative to indices and peers. This candidate is responsible for new idea generation, maintenance of existing approved managers, as well as consulting/client support. Additionally, the candidate must possess good communication skills in order to make internal presentations to an Investment Committee and externally with our clients. Resumes are accepted only via email at email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiters, please. Please reference Senior Research Analyst-Fixed Income position. In addition to submitting a resume, candidates should also submit a writing sample. The writing sample should detail the case for a compelling investment opportunity in the current market environment.
- Develop and maintain a list of approved fixed income managers/products as assigned.
- Update the approved lists quarterly.
- Assess qualitative and quantitative characteristics of new products for possible inclusion on approved lists.
- Produce client presentations for manager recommendations in respective asset classes.
- Maintain asset class educational materials.
- Provide perspective on market developments within area of responsibility.
- Maintain ongoing due diligence of investment management firms currently utilized by Summit’s client base.
- Complete non-routine research requests from Summit’s clients.
- Direct prior experience desired: Investment Consulting, Investment Management, or similar Investment-related field.
- Four-year degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, or other analytical disciplines.
- Fundamental background in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in conjunction with a strong curiosity and work ethic.
- Strong writing and analytical skills are required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, a team player, possess good communication and time management skills, and be capable of working independently in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- CFA designation or MBA preferred.